Wednesday 10 November 2010

Wednesday 10th November lesson (home study)

http://www.bristol.gov.uk/ccm/navigation/leisure-and-culture/exhibitions/
Links to most local art galleries




Subscribing:
Brit Insurance Design
I subscribed to Brit Insurance Design as I found some pieces of Graphic design I really liked for example the wooden table and chair and I really like items such as those. 


The Pentagram
I have look at some designs on there website, it seems they have a lot of exciting things going on all to do with graphics and there seems to be a lot of things with type.


Victoria and Albert Museum
Decode: Digital Design Series
Troika
I have previously been to the V&A Museum to see a Decode exhibition before and I really enjoyed myself, everything was fun and hands on which I very much enjoyed. After looking at this new Decode exhibition I think I would quite like to go and see it. There are digitally grown plants which seems to intrigue me and an eye which mimics what walkers by do which I am most curious. Troika has complete the 3D logo for the V&A Museum, still using the same original logo but its in a tunnel hence the name 'TUNNEL VISION' and the logo can just about cross over each other as its the same all sides around due to it having lots of parallels and symmetries. I have looked at a sample of there e-news in which I will sign up for as I find that the V&A has some really great exhibitions.


I have looked at the Knowle West Media Centre and I'm really not sure I can find interest in the speeches as I'm not really 100% sure of what they are on about. 


www.TED.com
Miwa Matreyek's glorious visions: From this website I found an artist and a great video, which I ended watching all the way through and I truly enjoyed it. The video was sort of magical and very surreal with parts that seemed very life like. Yes really really enjoyed this video which is why I am going to add it to my blog. 
I started to watch the Patrick Chappatte and his type of humour and cartoons are very clever as he has based them on technology and different puns around that.
I also looked at another video clip by Christien Meindertsma:How pig parts make the world. Although I found this slightly disturbing I actually found it very interesting how she followed a big through it's life to see what ingredient this certain big went into.


Art and Ecology: Madeleince Bunting,
(her pole)
As an artist, are you aware of the impact your own practice has on the environment?




 Yes, and I consider that when choosing processes and materials.
 Yes, but it's better to think of the art first, and the materials and processes second.
 No, it's not a consideration when I make my art.

After watching the RSA Animation- Changing Education Paradigms:
I thought it was brilliant! The way the animation worked alongside what he was talking about was genius!! Also I though it made me really connect with what he was talking about as he was writing and drawing and explaining it all at the same time, almost like a story board so I managed to get a real understanding of the education system just by a few illustration to keep me watching it. BRILLIANT !

I frequently look on the Arnolfini website and am already apart of there online notification. I am now waiting for the next exhibition as I have visited the current one twice. 
I am also a member at the Bristol Creatives

No comments:

Post a Comment