Tuesday 9 November 2010

Arnolfini Visit

Exhibitions: Fun With Software, Coal Fired Computers & Tantalum Memorials and Status Project


This was my first ever visit into the Arnolfini, so it was all a very new experience for me. I had previously heard bad comments about the exhibitions, so this made me slightly obtamistic. 


So I felt some of the exhibitions where slightly strange as they seemed to be odd things going on such as the lungs attached to the computer. However in between each piece of work was vast white space, I'm really not sure I like that as I personally find it off putting. 


At first glance I didn't really like the look of the exhibitions, however once I was able to read about them and to really play and enjoy myself with the exhibition it seemed to be a much more enjoyable and fun experience than I had ever imagined. 


The Status Project seemed to be a little strange which is why I don't feel I like this exhibition as much as I liked the Software one. I think this was because it was very technical and lines where exact where as to me it seemed very confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment