Tuesday 12 October 2010

Questions

1.What was the last image/object/artefact that excited you? How, why & where did you encounter it?
The last image that really stood out to me was the girl with the heart balloon. It seemed to really excite me as it was very simple only using the colours black and red however this seemed to intensify the feeling I got from looking at this piece of art; I seemed to get a great sense of loss and I feel that the heart is representing something. I wanted to see his work as I am extremely interested in it. This piece was shown in the Banksy art exhibition in the Bristol City Museum and Art Gallery on June 13th-31st August.

2.What excites you about your chosen area of Creative Practice? Why have you chosen to study it further?
Everything excites me about my creative practice, right from hand drawings to computer generated. In graphic design there are many routes I can take in this industry. I have chosen to study graphics further as I want to get a better understanding of the meaning graphics, the corse will give a more professional out take on everything I see and do. I really enjoy graphic design and being creative, so I wanted to continue my studies to gain a higher qualification and to learn more skills and techniques.

3.What do you hope to achieve at the end of these 2 years? What would you like to be doing?
At the end of these two years I would like to have a large professional looking portfolio of my work which I can then show to potential employers. I would like to have a better understanding and knowledge of the creative industry that I have picked, I would also have widen my knowledge of other artist from my research which I will undertake. I would like to be heading into a graphic company for an apprenticeship.

4.What sorts of things have you written about and/or researched specifically before? E.g are you particularly interested in a specific area, issue, theme, genre, subculture, type of design etc?
I have done indepth research on the painter Francis Bacon who's work I didn't really like at the beginning but after I had read about him and his work I then started to see more in his work than I ever could see; this then made me start to enjoy the paintings he produced. I have also look into the graphic designers Neville Brody and David Carson who both seem to be quite strongly influenced by layering things up and collaging, I also really like the look of both there work and I have tried to work in both their styles and I think I gained some really great techniques.

5.What excites you now? What sorts of arts, design, performance, media, spectacles etc do you go & see/take part in? What do you read? What feeds your interests?
I have recently been to see the Banksy exhibition in Bristol, I think Banksy's work is very interesting and is very current and modern. I would like to try and get involved in some sort of legal spray painting group as this really interests me. I also am very interested in animation films I watch, as I always seem to wonder how it was created; I have read and done much research on Walt Disney and Pixar and I have created my own short and simple animation about a snail on the program IMotion, I really enjoyed doing this. Simple things such as business cards, letter heads and posters ect really seem to interest me as I like to look at the layouts , the fonts and typography used and the images, I would like to create my own of those things to try and create my own identity. I have read and researched into a lot of books about logo designs, some of which are very clever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment